Friday, February 15, 2008

The Superbowl

Beer Log: February 3, 2006
State: A bit hungry and anxious

Well, I gotta give it up to New York Giants. I'm so glad they beat those cheating bastards, the New England Patriots. Oh it's real. So we went to a Superbowl party complete with a DJ. Nothing puts me in the mood for football like a loud arse version of Souljah Boy. We did go nuts when Burress got that touchdown. But the wife and I picked up some Spring Seasonal of Blue, and some Blueberry beer. I figured the womenfolk would feel the fruit beer, but no one touched it. Nothing like a beer to mix with that haterade.

Rising Moon (Spring Ale)
Yes. The Blue Moon boys have yet to dissappoint. Coors blows, but Blue Moon is probably keeping all of Coors from going Chapter 11. It pours smooth, with a wheat scent, straw color, and a white frothy head that is sustaining. Upon tasting, it's got medium body and a taste of wheat bread. It warms up to a slight toast flavor and lime (nice surprise). Excellent as usual for sessioning. Looking forward to the next beer.

Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss
They sell this Wisconsin stuff at the local grocer in Houston. Nice. This was has a STRONG berry smell, with alight body and carbo. The color was a little red, but nothing like the frambozen and whatnot. It has an overpowering rasberry and blueberry taste, and very tart. This actually made me a little sick to my stomach. Luckily they had some ice cold Heineken to get me back to center. I think it's time to say I don't eff with cherry and rasberry beers. Period.

No comments: